Search Our Very UN-Organized Life

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Financial Goals for 2009

Wow where did 2008 go? It seemed to fly by!

I just finished reading Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover and I'm ready to make positive changes in 2009. Hopefully by posting my financial goals I will hold myself more accountable.

1.) Re-build emergency fund. I say re-build because we had a small amount of savings but our refrigerator decided to go out on us today and we had to buy a new one. What a way to start off the new year! I will be keeping track of our savings at the bottom of my blog homepage. I'm hoping to get at least a few dollars in there by the end of the month, that zero looks pitiful!

2.) Have all debt except student loans paid off by December 2009.

It may not seem like a lot to most people but to is that is MORE than enough! We have about $2000 in credit card debt and lots of medical bills. Maybe I'll make a debt countdown ticker as well.

I hope everyone had a Happy New Year and had a wonderful 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment