Search Our Very UN-Organized Life

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Picky Eaters

I always knew my childrens eating habits weren't "normal" but I don't think I realized how unusual they were until recently. Not long ago we had spaghetti for dinner. I serve the kids their food in divided plates. There is a big section and a little section. For KK I put the meat sauce in the big section and noodles in the little section. For Adi I put noodles in the big section and meat sauce in the little section. Of course, he only ate the meat and she only at the noodles. Last week we had chicken for dinner. This time around she only ate the side of white rice that was served with dinner and he only at the chicken. No vegetables, no fruit, no bread.... I must also mention that her noodles and rice have to be 'clean' with 'syrup' *aka soy sauce*. SO not healthy!! I offer different foods but I can't get them to eat them!!

If I am able to get Adi to try new foods she gags so badly she is almost to the point of vomiting OR she'll just hold it in her mouth, she won't chew, swallow, or spit! I feel bad but I don't really know any other way to get her to eat!

Kadyn has always had feeding issues since he was a baby. In addition to having SPD he also has horrible reflux that makes meal times very difficult.

Then, when Piggy's home he's a picky eater too. I'm sure the kids pick up some of their habits from him as well!

I wish I could fix ONE meal that everyone in the house would eat!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment